Tuesday 7 January 2014

MEMORIES AND THE PINE WOODS OF ROME






in italiano ricordi tra i pini di roma



I named my blog Among the Pine Trees of Rome” because these towering trees are typical in my city, so much that they attracted the Grand Tour travelers’ attention and imagination.

Indeed the pine trees were immortalized by many of them in their paintings, thus creating the magical and enchanted landscapes, so characteristic of the Romantic period.

Those were environments of contemplation and of admiration that at the same time inspired that feeling of soft and warm nostalgia for an era seen as great, but that the centuries wrapped and protected in lush and green nature, where the pine trees were the silent guardians of memories.

But above all, inside my memory there is the music created by Ottorino Respighi: the symphony that my music teacher made ​​us listens in classroom many years ago.

I still remember that I was impressed by the fact that someone had composed a musical work about things seen as a sort of street furniture; a green background about which we don’t take any account, as if their presence is taken for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment